A Quick Checklist Before Listing Your Home for Sale
Are you planning to sell your home in the near future? It’s natural to want to get the highest sale price you possibly can, but if this is your first time selling real estate it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by everything you need to accomplish to get your home on the market. It’s also vital to ensure you choose the right realtor to help you list and sell your home. Take the following tips into account as you prepare to enter the market with your property:
- Inspect your home for maintenance issues. If you have any repairs that have been overdue for a while, now is the time to handle them.
- Arrange professional inspection. Working with a certified home inspector is a great way to identify the parts of your property that need the most attention. Your inspector may find some issues that could boost your listing price by several thousand dollars, so make sure you choose a reliable inspector who can give you honest feedback.
- Do a thorough cleaning. If you plan on living in your home until it sells, it’s very possible that you may have potential buyers browsing your property while you’re still there. Make sure it’s as presentable as possible. Remove clutter, clean the carpets and hard floors, and generally do everything you can to make it as appealing as possible.
- Consider cost-effective renovations. If you have an unsightly faucet in your kitchen, a rickety porch, or any other areas of your home that could do with upgrades, it may be worth investing in these improvements so you can attract more buyers and secure a higher listing price.
- Don’t overlook curb appeal. You need to make sure your home’s exterior is as appealing from the outside as it is on the inside. Review your landscape and consider investing in new garden plants, updated landscape contours, or install new fixtures that make your home’s exterior more welcoming.
These are just a few of the things you should do before listing your home on the market. One of the most important steps in selling your home is finding the right realtor to handle your listing. Contact us today for more information about how we can help you prepare for the selling process with confidence.